25 Sept 2016

DIY WOOD + ROPE SIGN DECORATION

Weekend's over, guys! What a sad thing... How did you spend it? I had so much relax and nice time with my bf, family and friends (perfection, ha!). Oh, and I made this little wooden decoration for my room! We recently bought a new house and you probably already know it if you saw this post on my Instagram, but we still have to wait to move there, so, meanwhile, nothing forbids me to create pretty stuff for our current house! Stuff that will come with us, of course (for the joy of my boy haha). See how to make this lovely rope sign! // Il weekend è finito, ragazzi! Che cosa triste... Come l'avete passato? Io l'ho trascorso in relax con il mio ragazzo, la mia famiglia ed amici (perfezione!). Oh, e creando questa decorazione per la mia stanza! Abbiamo recentemente comprato una nuova casa e probabilmente lo sapete già, se avete visto questo post sul mio Instagram, ma, dato che dobbiamo aspettare per trasferirci, nel frattempo nulla mi vieta di creare oggetti per la nostra casa attuale! Tutte cose che verranno con noi, ovviamente (per la gioia di lui ahah). Scoprite come realizzare questa carinissima decorazione!

diy wood rope decoration francinesplace

Ready to start the new week with creativity? Let's start!
//
Pronte ad iniziare la settimana con creatività? Iniziamo!

***

You need // Vi occorre:

- A piece of wood. // Un pezzo di legno.
- Rope. // Corda.
- Glue. // Colla.
- Chalk. // Gessetto.
- Scissors. // Forbici.


How to // Come procedere:

1)
First, draw the sign you prefer with the chalk unless it's perfect for you. I chose "Dream",
'cause it is my life's motto. // Prima di tutto, disegnate la scritta che volete con il gessetto,
finchè non sarà perfetta per voi. Io ho scelto "Dream", sogna, perché è il mio motto.


2)
Using the glue, paste the rope to the wood, cm by cm, following the sign you wrote. // Usando 
la colla, incollate la corda al legno, cm dopo cm, seguendo la scritta in gesso.


(my dress got dirty because of the chalk and I felt like a child haha)
//
(il mio vestito si è sporcato di gesso e mi sono sentita una bambina ahah)

3)
Now clean it with cotton wool to remove the chalk. // Ora pulitelo con del cotone
per rimuovere il gesso.


4)
And voilà! The decoration is done and ready to inspire you :) // E voilà! La decorazione
è finita e pronta ad ispirarvi :)

diy wood rope sign decoration
legno corda faidate francinesplace decorazione

Happy new week, guys!
//
Buona nuova settimana a tutti!

xx

21 comments:

  1. wow! this is so pretty. I'm currently renovating my apartment. Can't wait to try this myself :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Tiffany
    www.thelookingglassbyty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! Can't wait the final result! xx

      Delete
  2. Great job and the idea! But as far as I'm concerned, my kitty will destroy it in one evening, I am sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute decoration! Love this...I need to get better at DIY projects :)

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good, I'm keeping it in mind for my next project :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is such an incredible work! Love how creative you are, and I wish I am too. :) Also, please check out my latest travel post: Tokyo Disneyland experience + a few tips. Hope to hear from you soon! ♥

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a great piece! I bet it would be cute in a kitchen too if you picked a food related word like Yum or Slurp.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing, I´d love something like this for the kids room.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty and easy to make! thanks for sharing this

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute DIY! :) I'm a "sucker" for that type of decoration and it's not easy to find words that are not the typical ones. With this you can create anything and I'm definitely giving it a try! :) Perfect, my dear! <3

    fashionabejita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to copy this cute idea! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Thank you so much sharing.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great decoration! Would make a perfect gift as well.

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  13. Che meraviglia, hai una mano molto bella nel creare :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, i'm also a no. fan of a DIY ^^projects thans for sharing this lovely art ^^

    http://itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks so cool have to try it!
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/2016/09/suede-waterfall-jacket.html

    ReplyDelete