27 Mar 2015

DIY GYPSY CHAIN CHOKER WITH PENDANT

gypsy choker pendant diy collare

It seems that chokers are back in fashion again. I remember when I was 13 and I 
used to wear that black elastic choker you can see everywhere now, and when I forgot it who knows where, I didn't imagine that, 10 years later (10!!!), it could be fashionable again.
I am not here to share how to do that, but its classier version (after all, I grew up!).
Oh, it takes about 2 minutes to make, then you'll be free to rock it on your Friday night. 

//

Pare che i collari siano tornati di moda. Mi ricordo quando avevo 13 anni ed indossavo
quel collarino elastico nero che ora si vede ovunque, e, quando l'ho dimenticato chissà dove,
non immaginavo che, 10 anni dopo (10!!!), sarebbe tornato di moda.
Non sono qui per dirvi come realizzare quello, ma la sua versione più fine
(dopotutto, sono cresciuta!).
Oh, vi prende giusto 2 minuti, poi sarete libere di mostrarlo fiere questa sera.

***

You need // Vi occorre:

- Two pliers. // Due pinze.
- About 40 cm (15,7 in) chain: measure your neck's circumference, then add about 10 cm (3,9 in). //
Circa 40 cm di catena: misurate la circonferenza del vostro collo ed aggiungete 10 cm.
- Pendant. // Ciondolo.
- A bead. // Una perlina.
- Wire. // Filo metallico.
- Snap-hook. // Moschettone.


How to // Come procedere:

1)
Insert the wire into the pendant then make a ring with the pliers. // Infilate il filo
metallico el ciondolo, poi create un anellino con le pinze.


2)
Insert the bead. // Infilate la perlina.


3)
Fix the wire to one chain's extremity making a second ring. // Fissate
il filo metallico ad un'estremità della catena creando un secondo anellino.


4)
Open the other extremity of chain with the pliers, add the snap-hook, then close. // 
Aprite l'altra estremità della catena con le pinze, infilate il moschettone, poi richiudete.


5)
Voilà, done! // Voilà, fatto!

gypsy choker diy pendant bohemian
gypsy choker diy ciondolo pendant

Sooo easy, not? Happy Friday! // Facilissimo, no? Buon Venerdì!

xx

41 comments:

  1. What a lovely DIY! Thanks for sharing. I used to be really into jewellery making - this post has made me want to start it up again!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rae, I am so happy that this post made you want create jewelry again! The most beautiful thing about keeping a blog is sharing common passions and meeting nice people, so welcome to my place, hope to see you again here! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are really skilled and creative! I love the result <3
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rena! I am so happy you like this, I hope to see you again here :) Welcome to my place! xx

      Delete
  3. super cute!! you´re so creative!!
    have a wonderful weekend!!
    kisses from Spain!

    100% natural & homemade cosmetics => http://sano-sanisimo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are so kind! Have a great weekend too :) :)

      Delete
  4. Great DIY, love it!
    Very nice blog by the way :)

    Kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliet, I am so happy to read this!
      Welcome to my place, hope to see you again :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's wonderful! Looks great!!! I love to read DIY posts! ;-)
    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, Francine!!! Very much appreciated!!!

    xxx
    JOURNAL OF STYLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too for you kind words, so happy you like it! And your blog is so beautiful :)
      Hope to see you again here! xx

      Delete
  6. Oooh love it!! Amazing necklace!
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Priscilla! And it's sooo easy to do ;)
      Nice to meet you! xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you! I am visiting your blog right now, it is so pretty! :)
    Hope to see you again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Can you to this but for a bracelet?

    xx

    simplebitisho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you want a bracelet you need just a shorter chain, the diy is the same :) :) Let me know if you realize yours! xx

      Delete
  9. So cute, I love the pendant hanging down with the choker <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Izzy! Yes, the little hand is so cute, I like too :D :D

      Delete
  10. This is so pretty!! Love the little hand motif!
    Xx
    Rhea
    www.fuss.co.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhea!!! Hope to see you again here :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca, you are so sweet! I am glad that you like it! :)

      Delete
  12. nice tutorial honey! ;) cool necklace
    kissessss
    Nunù

    Check it out my new post: http://www.honeyandcotton.org/must-have-di-primavera-abito-nero-in-pizzo/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nunù! You are so kind! :) :)

      Delete
  13. Wow, love that <3
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Francine, beautiful jewelry, thanks for the tutorial!
    http://dibobis.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Carol! Thank you too for the lovely comment ;)

      Delete
  15. I love this idea, great diy! :)

    Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! :)
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    Bloglovin
    Facebook :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina! Wow, congrats for your work! I will check it out very very soon :)
      Hope to see you again here! xx

      Delete
  16. Lovely DIY! I will definitely try to make one, hence lately I have been really digging chokers! Bringing back the 90s and my childhood memories... Great post <3

    Kisses from Hungary xoxo

    www.csengespoint.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I understand you, I used to wear chokers so much :D :D Welcome to my place! xx

      Delete
  17. That's a great DIY! HAPPY EASTER to you!
    xx Vicky | The Golden Bun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! Hope you had a beautiful Easter! xx

      Delete