4 Mar 2015

DIY RUSTIC PAINTED CALENDAR WITH PEG

rustic calendar diy peg home

 Every start of the year is the same story: should I buy a calendar or not?
Obviously not, I can remember EVERYTHING.
And, punctually, after two months, the only thing I can remember is me,
the year before, saying: okay, next time, calendar yes.
I have this thing... about buying something that after 12 months I have to throw away... 
that... I don't like it.
However, I understand that I am not able to keep everything in mind,
so, when my boyfriend asks me <<Remember to remember me (yes, always) to
do this thing>> I realize that it is time to have a calendar, especially now,
living together (with double things to do).
So, I know that it is March, but as I told you, I am a bit diehard. 
The nice thing is that you can do this calendar in few minutes and your house
will have that irresistible rustic touch.

//

Ogni inizio anno la solita storia: dovrei comprare un calendario o no?
Ovviamente no, io posso ricordare TUTTO.
E così, puntualmente, due mesi dopo, l'unica cosa che ricordo è me stessa,
un anno prima, dire: okay, la prossima volta, calendario sì.
Il fatto è che c'è un qualcosa... nel comprare una cosa che dovrò buttare
12 mesi dopo... che proprio non mi piace.
Tuttavia, capisco anche che non sono in grado di tenere tutto a mente,
così, quando il mio ragazzo mi dice: <<Ricordati di ricordarmi (sì, sempre)
di fare quella cosa>> realizzo che è arrivato il momento di avere un calendario,
specialmente ora, che vivendo insieme, le cose da ricordare sono il doppio.
Dunque, so che è Marzo, ma come vi ho detto, sono un po' testarda.
La cosa bella è che potrete realizzare questo calendario in pochi
minuti  e la vostra casa avrà subito un irresistibile tocco rustico.

***

You need // Vi occorre:

- Plywood. // Compensato.
- Pen, red marker, brush, tempera. // Penna, pennarello rosso, pennello, tempera.
- A peg. This one is so special for me, because it was my grandpa's. // 
Una molletta. Questa è molto speciale per me, perchè appartenuta a mio nonno.
- Leaves. // Fogli.
- Rope. // Spago.


How to // Come procedere:

1)
Use your phone to have months-scheme to follow, leaving some space for names.
 You could ask: why doing a calendar
when you have it on your phone? Answer: I like written things. // Usate
il vostro telefono per avere lo schema dei mesi, lasciando un po' di spazio per i nomi.
Voi potreste chiedere: perché
fare un calendario quando ne hai già uno sul telefono?
Risposta: mi piacciono le cose scritte.


2)
Take some water and dip the brush in it, then in the color you chose. 
Make some tests on a newspaper before painting your leaves. // Prendete
un po' d'acqua ed intingetevi il pennello, poi prelevate il colore scelto. Fate qualche
prova su un giornale prima di dipingere i fogli.


3)
Start painting names! // Cominciate a dipingere i nomi!

paint painting tempera calendar

4)
Wait about 10 minutes to let color dry... Awww... December!// 
Aspettate circa 10 minuti per lasciare asciugare il colore... Ohhh, Dicembre!


5)
Make two holes in your plywood (I used a screwdriver), then take
some rope, make it pass through the holes and knot it. // Fate due buchi 
(io ho usato un semplice cacciavite), poi prendete dello spago, fatelo passare
nei buchi e fate due nodi.

 

6)
Order your calendar pages, then pinch them to the plywood with the peg. // 
Ordinate le pagine del calendario, poi attaccatele al compensato con la molletta.

rustic calendar diy peg amethyst

7)
Voilà! // Voilà!

rustic diy calendar peg home
rustic diy calendar peg home

I will reuse it the next years, I will do new leaves and it will be as new! Happy rustic day! //
I prossimi anni lo utilizzerò nuovamente, mi basterà fare nuovi fogli 
e sarà come nuovo! Buona giornata rustica!

xx

7 comments:

  1. so talented girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHE BELLA IDEA, ANCHE SE IN RITARDO! XDXD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, grazie mille!!! Sì, un bel po' in ritardo, come ho detto, ma va benissimo anche così! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so kind! Hope to see you again here :*

      Delete
  4. Thank you, dear Diana! I am so happy to know that you like what I do, people like you give me the determination to keep on what I am doing!
    You are right, blog requires so much time, but the satisfaction, reading words like yours, is big :)
    Thank you again! You are welcome in my place!

    ReplyDelete